Thursday, June 15, 2006

LDS came a' knokin

I visited with a couple of Mormons yesterday. It was great. Very nice boys.
I invited them in. I told them that I was a Christian, and I did not know too much about the differences between Christianity and the latter-day saints. So they told me.
One of the first things they started talking about is how the KJV is the versions that "our Heavenly Father" has given us. It is the best translation they said. Other translations are not accurate to the original copies. I struggled after they said that. I wanted to say, "have you personally studied the transmission of greek manuscripts? Have you ever compared P46, Codex Siniaticus, or Codex Alexandrius to our english versions today? I have!" But i didnt. I wanted to. But I didnt. I did let them know that I was a student of New Testament Greek, and don't think that was true. They dropped that point, but got to more important matters. Ephesians 2. Amos 8. John 3! I guess once the apostles died off, and those whom they laid their hands upon, baptism was no longer available, and "the church crumbled." God needed another prophet/apostle to rise up and restore God's people.

I learned a lot. Really. I really did not know too much about what they believe and why. Obviously there is more to it than what i mentioned. Much more. But that is what we happened to talk about. We talked for quite a while. I was quite unconvinced! They were too. But it wasnt a debate. It was war. Really. Spiritual war. Please pray for them. I am glad that through JESUS i can recieve the forgiveness of sins and be a part of his people. His church has NOT crumbled. Nay. She is continually growing and growing.

Jesus, please reveal to us your truth.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Tony Anderson said...

Sorry for the faliure for lunch this week

soon, very soon

-Tony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home